Friday, December 3, 2010

Implementing the Academic Scholarship Match Program

This week I learned about the challenges associated with implementing a new program. The City Council approved the Academic Scholarship Match program with the understanding that it would become available to local non-profits by Tuesday November 30th.  Therefore, my boss and I have been working with staff in the Information Technology and Communications divisions to get everything set up to meet this deadline.  These tasks include announcing the program to local non-profits and posting the description and application on the City's website.  Luckily the information was posted to the website by the deadline and the email was sent out to the non-profits the following day.  I feel I have learned the most the past couple of weeks from managing this program along with other projects and from the mistakes I have made along the way.  In turn, I believe that I am growing in my capacity to manage projects, and I hope this continues throughout the duration of my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment