Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Experience at the Front Desk

 For the past four months, I have spent most of my time at work either interacting with fellow employees in Maricopa or city employees across the Metropolitan area or Pinal County during regional meetings.  My interaction with citizens has been limited to a couple of specific meetings and City Council meetings.  That all changed today.

In an effort to increase my interaction with the citizens of Maricopa, I volunteered to work an hour and a half a week at the front desk. My first day was today.  My tasks include answering the phone and inquiries from citizens who walk into City Hall.  Considering the wild weather today, it was pretty slow.  The calls that I answered just required me to transfer people to a specific staff member or department.  I spent most of the time getting to know the front desk and city clerk staff.

Perhaps today was not the most exciting day for this new task, but I hope it provides me a different perspective of Maricopa city government and the day to day concerns of its citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment