Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Working up Front Again

Today was my second day spending some time at the front desk.  Compared to last Tuesday, today was a lot busier.  A good amount of people walked in and called with questions and other needs.  The predominate question I received regarded property taxes.  People wanted to know where they pay their taxes and questions about their assessments answered.  Unfortunately, the County Assessor's office is located in the County seat of Florence, an hour or so away from Maricopa.  Needless to say, this was not the most popular response.


Despite the help I provide in answering phones and directing citizens to the right city staff members, I have limitations.  I do not have access to the software that processes and print receipts for citizens' payments.  Therefore, when several citizens came in to pay bills, I was of little help.  I felt bad that citizens had to wait longer to be served because of this.  I feel frustrated when I come across my limited capacity in certain areas like this.  Despite my frustration, I enjoy interacting with the citizens and will continue to increase my helpfulness in anyway I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment